Blood Fractionation Plants are capital intensive
investments that need to be integrated in a well planned companies environment
to work as profitable as possible.
The here presented study investigated the most
important parameters for economic success. Therefore differend models were built
The shown looked into the volume and number of
necessary reactors for a certain yearly output. One premise was a 6-day working
model. The plant was stopped at weekends.
This seem to be not very economic, but saves a lot on external companies
functions like warehousing or energy supply. Both were not prepared to work on
Furthermore the following questions could be
- Which reactors for what process step need to be
- How much manpower is required?
- How many separators are needed?
- How many separator drums need to be bought?
The results were compared with other model, e.g.
7-day working models.
The most important advantages of simulation technology are:
- Dynamic interdependencies can be directly seen and analysed
in a very short amount of time.
- Statistical evaluations for example, for annual production,
are achievable within minutes.
- A direct link to calculation software enables the immediate
calculation of production costs.
- The results from different extended profitability studies,
cash flow and amortisation time frames give a previously unreachable expressiveness.